The Society is collecting recipes and food stories for a new community food blog. Everyone will have a chance to preserve their family’s history by submitting a favorite recipe, photo, and family food story.
“Delicious Memories” is all about recalling, sharing and preserving favorite food dishes, traditions and stories so that they can be treasured for generations to come in our community archive. We all love talking about food, cooking, baking, or eating together or making a special recipe that reminds us of a loved one.
We want to collect as many remarkable recipes, photos, and stories as possible so there is no limit to how many you may submit. Please encourage friends and family to help us make this exciting project a significant addition to our Family History collection.
Here are some questions to think about:
- Can you share a funny story that has to do with food?
- When and where does your story take place?
- What happy memories do you have that are food related?
- Is there a food or recipe you remember as a young child that you do not eat today?
- Which food or food memory would you like to recreate from the past?
- Were there big family meals at your house? Were they formal?
- Did you host holiday get-togethers or did you travel?
- Who did most of the cooking in your house?
- Do you have any holiday food traditions in your family?
- Do you have a family recipe that’s been handed down? Who does it belong to and does it have special meaning for you?
- Is there a favorite recipe that your family all loves?
For more information or if you have any questions, please contact Lynn Newman at (860) 727-6170 or email@example.com
Submit your recipe or memory below: