JHSGH Takedown policy
If you hold the rights to materials published on the website of the Jewish Historical Society of Greater Hartford that are unattributed, please let us know so that we may maintain accurate information about these materials.
If you are concerned that you have found material on this website for which you have not granted permission (or which is not covered by a copyright exception under US copyright laws), you may request the removal of the material from our site by contacting us with the following information:
- Your contact information, such as an address, telephone number and email address
- Exact URL where you found the material
- A description of the material
- The reason you believe that your rights have been violated, with any pertinent documentation
- If your complaint concerns intellectual property rights, include confirmation that you are the rights holder, or an authorized representative of the rights holder
- If your complaint concerns libel, defamation, confidentiality or personal data, include confirmation that you are either the publisher or the subject of the material in question, or their authorized representative
Upon receipt of a request, staff of the Jewish Historical Society of Greater Hartford will:
- Promptly acknowledge the request via email, or other means of communication.
- Assess the validity of the request.
- Upon request, we may temporarily remove the material from public view while we assess the concern.
- Upon completion of the assessment, we will take appropriate action and communicate that action to you.
- If the Jewish Historical Society of Greater Hartford is not able to determine that it is permitted to provide access to the work(s) in question, we will cease providing access to the work(s).